Best practice forum (Archived)

Program Courses Enrollment Display

A Eisenberg
Program Courses Enrollment Display
by Alan Eisenberg - Wednesday, 23 July 2014, 5:25 AM

For our orientation, we have several different programs set up and then assigned to the user in the right division. For one of these programs, the users seems to be automatically enrolled in the course and it shows up on both their required learning and course list and course report list.

For another program, the courses do not show up on their course list until they begin to take it. In the course report, I can see where one from the visible one says (course not started), but I don't see any message or even the courses in the other program on the course list until they click on them from the Program (Required Program) and begin them.

How can they see these courses on all their lists up front? What setting do I have that is enrolling (showing them) in their course list for the one that's working? It seems as if one program is automatically enrolling them in the courses and the other program is not. I'm trying to find out what I might be doing differently (maybe something with audience visibility) that would cause this. Thank you for any help.

b/r,

Alan

me
Re: Program Courses Enrollment Display
by George Angus - Wednesday, 23 July 2014, 5:35 PM
Group Totara

Hi Alan,

The only way I can see this happening is if the learner has been enrolled into the course previously by some other means. Theres a "date enrolled" field in the Course Completion report which would be a quick way to test, also can you have a look at the "Enrolment methods" under Course administration>Users>Enrolment methods?

br,

George.

Jamie Kramer
Re: Program Courses Enrollment Display
by Jamie Kramer - Thursday, 7 August 2014, 7:13 AM

My experiences with Programs and enrollments...

Users are never immediately enrolled into a course via a Program. The actual enrollment occurs the first time the user clicks the "launch course" button from within the Program. Only when the user performs that action does the course appear in the user's current learning block - current learning only shows enrolled courses.