Best practice forum (Archived)

Audience is referred as Cohort creates confusion

A Eisenberg
Audience is referred as Cohort creates confusion
by Alan Eisenberg - Thursday, 5 June 2014, 4:37 AM

Now that Totara/Moodle have moved away from Cohorts to the word Audience, it is confusing some users when the word Cohort shows up when setting up an audience (see picture attached here). Can you change the language for these to say "Audience" instead of "Cohort" as is in the picture in a future update so that it makes sense to all users?

Thank you,

Alan

Tom Ireland
Re: Audience is referred as Cohort creates confusion
by Tom Ireland - Thursday, 5 June 2014, 6:25 AM
Group Totara

Hi, Alan

Thanks for picking up on that. Can you confirm the Totara version you're currently on? This appears to be fixed in the latest point releases for 2.5 (2.5.13.1) and 2.6 (2.6.2).

Regards

Tom

A Eisenberg
by Alan Eisenberg - Thursday, 5 June 2014, 11:43 AM

We are on 2.5.13, but moving soon to 2.6.2. I assume 2.6.2 will also fix that. So, I am happy to hear that it is fixed in these latest versions. Thank you Tom.

Cheers,

Alan

Simon Coggins
by Simon Coggins - Thursday, 5 June 2014, 8:38 PM
Group Totara

Hmm, that string was actually changed from cohort to audience back in Totara 2.2.0 and has remained that way until now, so there is something else going on.

It looks like the string was changed in English but the US English language pack wasn't  updated. We'll get that fixed at our end, then once we've fixed it you should be able to click Site Admin > Languages > Language Packs > Update all language packs to pull down the new version.

Simon

Ciaran Irvine (Core Developer)
by Ciaran Irvine (Core Developer) - Saturday, 7 June 2014, 8:38 PM

Hi Alan,

I've fixed the strings in the en_is language packs for 2.4, 2.5 and 2.6 so they should be available about 1am NZ time tonight. I also found a handful of strings that still used "cohort" in the base English language pack and patches are in review to resolve those too.

A Eisenberg
by Alan Eisenberg - Monday, 9 June 2014, 6:15 AM

Thanks Ciaran and Simon.

Alan

by Ciaran Irvine (Core Developer) - Monday, 9 June 2014, 9:15 PM

A fix for this issue was included in today's (10th June 2014) release of Totara 2.5.14

by Ciaran Irvine (Core Developer) - Monday, 16 June 2014, 10:26 PM

A fix for this issue was included in today's (17th June 2014) release of Totara 2.6.3

A Eisenberg
by Alan Eisenberg - Wednesday, 18 June 2014, 8:15 AM

Thank you for your prompt fix.

Cheers,

Alan