Best practice forum (Archived)

New features in Totara Community

Hellmuth Sole
New features in Totara Community
by Hellmuth Sole - Thursday, 26 April 2018, 4:13 AM

I've just logged back in after about nearly a year of not entering the site.  Love the new redesign!  There're two features that I really liked that I wanted to know how to implement on my own Totara site.

1. Login reminder: I see you send in a login reminder when it's been nearly 12 months since your last login.  Is this a built-in feature of a specific Totara build or is it a plugin.

2. Home page tour: Very useful for new users!  Again, is this a plugin or built-in?

Thanks!

Wesley Holden
Re: New features in Totara Community
by Wesley Holden - Thursday, 26 April 2018, 8:52 AM

Hi Hellmuth,

Welcome back and thanks for the great feedback!

1. The login reminder was sent separately using MailChimp after generating a report of users through Report Builder. That would be a great feature though! If you want to add a request with ideas about how you would use it, please do so here: Suggest Features

2. The User Tour is a new experimental feature! You can learn more about setting them up here at the help site: User Tour

Cheers!

Hellmuth Sole
by Hellmuth Sole - Thursday, 26 April 2018, 10:35 AM

Thanks Wesley for the info!  I've submitted a feature request as mentioned.  As to the Tour, I imagine this is only available on Totara Learn?  We're currently running Totara 9.9 (Build: 20170719.00),

Take care,

Hellmuth.

Wesley Holden
by Wesley Holden - Thursday, 26 April 2018, 2:13 PM

Hi Hellmuth,

User Tours came out in v10. In case you ever need to look up when a feature came out, you can see that here on the help site: Feature Comparison

Cheers!