Best practice forum (Archived)

How to set course completion when a user fulfills requirements without marking them complete manually

Ashley Groom
How to set course completion when a user fulfills requirements without marking them complete manually
by Ashley Groom - Thursday, 20 December 2018, 9:49 AM

We are still in the development phase. We have quizzes that must be completed in order for the user to receive a completion date. My test user completed all of the requirements to complete the course, but under course editor it still shows him as not started, even though he completed two quizzes. I had to go in and manually mark him as complete. Is there a setting that should be changed so when all requirements are met the user is marked as complete automatically?  

Craig Eves
Re: How to set course completion when a user fulfills requirements without marking them complete manually
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 20 December 2018, 2:28 PM
Group Totara

Hi Ashley

I can't think of any settings preventing the completion not being processed.  There are scheduled task to process course completions. 

Can you check under Site Admin > Server Scheduled Tasks to see the task Completion mark as started has been run recently - the frequency can be increased if needed (check this doesn't affect site performance too much)  

Regards