Best practice forum (Archived)

LinkedIn Learning

Juergen Kappus
LinkedIn Learning
by Juergen Kappus - Monday, 14 January 2019, 9:17 PM

Is there any plan by Totara to become LinkedIn Learning Partner?

I think Q1 is a good choice. Nevertheless it will be more attractive to customers if the could choose content from more than one platform. I think the sales will increase if we could offer a wide variety of content providers. 

Christina Morejon
Re: LinkedIn Learning
by Christina Morejon - Tuesday, 19 February 2019, 8:51 AM

i think this could be very beneficial.   i am also the administrator to our linkedin Learning platform which we integrated with our Totara site and im suprised at how very "few" other companies have done so....

Jacque Cardenas
by Jacque Cardenas - Thursday, 13 June 2019, 11:25 AM

Hi Christine,

We are about to begin working to integrate LinkedIn Learning courses in our Totara site.  Do you mind sharing briefly how you integrated?  Did you load AICC courses, are you just giving them a link to get to the LinkedIn Learning page/site?

Christina Morejon
by Christina Morejon - Thursday, 13 June 2019, 1:03 PM

Hi Jacques

i would be happy to share with you what i have learned during this process.   keep in mind lynda recently switched to linked in so a few things changed but most didnt.   IF you had linked in prior to the switch, your LTI links wont update you have to manually switch them.  we also use SSO with okta to authenticate our employees so they have access to both totara and linkedIn.   * this required 2 things to happen.

1. i created a portal on our landing page in totara that linked to the LInkedIn home page, users needed to clic into this portal at least once in order to authenticate their enterprise license.  -when they do this, LinkedIn will ask users to A. link their personal linkedin acct to this enterprise acct, B. create a new enterprise acct C. do nothing.   * users need to pick one, preferably either A or B.   after this process, they will be able to acesss linkedin acct w.out having to enter through the portal. 

2.  Our dept heads wanted some of the linkedin training modules (AICC files) to be brought into our LMS, best practice at least in my case has been to use the URL activity for videos and the SCORM activity for the AICC files. 

the key things i have learned during this process are:

* Totara does NOT have bulk upload of AICC files so you will be doing this process manually.

* the new Learning paths and Collections on the linkedin page did not work initially in totara due to a scripting issue with some weird characters, but after elevating this issue with our linkedin acct manager and the IT team, they came up with a custom solution.-so dont be afraid to ask for IT in solving more complex issues

* Read ALL the documentation that your acct rep will provide, this was invaluable in knowing when things would happen on their end and ours.  you will need to work with both your IT dept as well as LinkedIn learnings IT dept and your acct rep.

hope this helps?  Good luck with your project.   i have to say now that everything is set up properly, we are loving the new platform, its easy to use and very sleek.

Christina =)

Claudius Mitter
by Claudius Mitter - Wednesday, 20 March 2019, 3:55 AM

Same here, we have udemy for Business, Linkedin Learning, O'Reilly and many more all administered and launched in there own portals not covered by the central LMS. Would be great for the learner experience (and as well for us admins). We are also talking with GO1 currently as they have a great approach of aggregating such content partners all together and easily put in totara.

Would be interested in any update on that topic.

Claudius

Lynn Cauwels
by Lynn Cauwels - Monday, 14 October 2019, 4:25 AM
Group PartnersGroup TXP Site Administrator
More and more customers are asking for a simple integration between Totara and Linkedin Learning.

Since GO1 is not inluding LinkedIn Learning courses in their offer.

It would be great if we can have linkedin learning as part of the content marketplace, next to the GO1. 

Jonathan Newman
by Jonathan Newman - Monday, 14 October 2019, 10:50 PM

Hi all,

I've created this suggest features discussion topic regarding the kind of LinkedIn Learning integration that Lynn has described. It would be helpful if you could share your thoughts on the problem statement, use cases, and proposed solution that I've listed there.

Kind regards,

Jonathan