i would be happy to share with you what i have learned during this process. keep in mind lynda recently switched to linked in so a few things changed but most didnt. IF you had linked in prior to the switch, your LTI links wont update you have to manually switch them. we also use SSO with okta to authenticate our employees so they have access to both totara and linkedIn. * this required 2 things to happen.
1. i created a portal on our landing page in totara that linked to the LInkedIn home page, users needed to clic into this portal at least once in order to authenticate their enterprise license. -when they do this, LinkedIn will ask users to A. link their personal linkedin acct to this enterprise acct, B. create a new enterprise acct C. do nothing. * users need to pick one, preferably either A or B. after this process, they will be able to acesss linkedin acct w.out having to enter through the portal.
2. Our dept heads wanted some of the linkedin training modules (AICC files) to be brought into our LMS, best practice at least in my case has been to use the URL activity for videos and the SCORM activity for the AICC files.
the key things i have learned during this process are:
* Totara does NOT have bulk upload of AICC files so you will be doing this process manually.
* the new Learning paths and Collections on the linkedin page did not work initially in totara due to a scripting issue with some weird characters, but after elevating this issue with our linkedin acct manager and the IT team, they came up with a custom solution.-so dont be afraid to ask for IT in solving more complex issues
* Read ALL the documentation that your acct rep will provide, this was invaluable in knowing when things would happen on their end and ours. you will need to work with both your IT dept as well as LinkedIn learnings IT dept and your acct rep.
hope this helps? Good luck with your project. i have to say now that everything is set up properly, we are loving the new platform, its easy to use and very sleek.