Best practice forum (Archived)

Audiences - Add by Job Title or other

Cecil Bergwin
Audiences - Add by Job Title or other
by Cecil Bergwin - Tuesday, 12 February 2019, 2:56 AM

I created a new Audience and tried a few ways of adding users but we have a huge list of users.

From what I can see it  seems you can only add by user-name? Do you know a way of adding by Job Title as based of our reports we run I have managed to categorise them into about 15 different Job Titles.

This will also help it being dynamic for when new users are added to that specific Job Title.

Any help on this appreciated.

Kind Regards

Cecil B

Daniel Bond
Re: Audiences - Add by Job Title or other
by Daniel Bond - Tuesday, 12 February 2019, 3:42 AM
Group Most helpful contributor 2023

Depends which version you're using, but I'm pretty sure it's an option in most cases. For v11 (where there have been changes to introduce Job Assignments), it's under the "All Job Assignments" heading:

Titles item in Job Assignments category

If you're on an earlier version, you might need a Position framework to reference (because Job Title wasn't a field available to select), which is why for some years we had to maintain a hierarchy of Positions mapped 1:1 with our users so everyone had a unique position with a name that we could reference in audiences.

Cecil Bergwin
by Cecil Bergwin - Tuesday, 12 February 2019, 4:10 AM

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the replay and information, I'll have a look and see what I can find for the rules, I'm not 100% what version we are using I will have to check.

Thanks again.... I'll get clicking :)

Cecil Bergwin
by Cecil Bergwin - Wednesday, 13 February 2019, 12:40 AM

Morning Dan,

Just to update you that what you suggested work perfectly!

Thank you for your support.