Suggest Totara Learn features

Clear users from Declared Interest report

Laura Nunes
Clear users from Declared Interest report
by Laura Nunes - Wednesday, 6 March 2019, 8:31 AM

Hello,

My team and I are looking for suggestions on how to manage the Declared Interest functionality. Our reports have hundreds of entries and our biggest issue is removing users who are no longer interested.

We can't really rely on them to withdraw interest themselves as this requires a lot of follow ups. Right now we are stuck manually removing these users from our report by logging in as them and withdrawing interest.

I would love to know how other admins are dealing with this. There are even inactive users that come up on the report from 3+ years ago. Is there a way to clear a large number of entries from this report on the LMS?

Additionally, can you share some general ideas on your workflow with this report and how you follow up with users from month to month?

Thank you!

Laura N.  

Steph Wild
Re: Clear users from Declared Interest report
by Steph Wild - Thursday, 7 March 2019, 12:15 AM
Group Learn Site Administrator

Hi,

We don't use this functionality because of this issue, we used to use it but, as you say, users do not withdraw their interest and therefore the reports become 'out of date' very quickly with lots of entries for staff who are no longer interested.

It would be really useful if we could allocate a permission for staff with specific roles to delete 'Declare Interest' entries on behalf of users.

Steph

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 7 March 2019, 5:06 PM
Group Totara

Hi Steph

You might like to add support for TL-9363 on the suggest features forum 

regards

This forum post has been removed
Thursday, 7 March 2019, 6:57 PM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
Steph Wild
by Steph Wild - Monday, 11 March 2019, 1:39 AM
Group Learn Site Administrator

Hi Chloe,

Thanks for the suggestion.

We do currently use Waitlist for some of this functionality however we have some courses where we ask the learner to tell us why they want to undertake the learning and what they will use it for afterwards as part of the application process and this functionality would be ideal for this.

Thanks again

Steph

Laura Wehinger
by Laura Wehinger - Tuesday, 27 February 2024, 12:47 AM

Hi,

could someone tell me, what the status is with removing the users from the declare interest report as an admin?

Is it possible at the moment? If not has someone a solution how to create a waitinglist for events without an excat training date?

Regards

Laura

Sue Blake
by Sue Blake - Wednesday, 28 February 2024, 1:26 AM
Group Good learner 2023Group Most Helpful Contributor 2022Group Most helpful contributor 2023Group TXP Site Administrator

I created a manual purge to remove individuals from Declare Interest Lists. This only really works if you are doing it for a leaver as it will remove all their declared interest.

Sue