Best practice forum (Archived)

Certification Assignments / Completion Criteria

Sarah Bynevelt
Certification Assignments / Completion Criteria
by Sarah Bynevelt - Thursday, 14 March 2019, 4:12 PM

I have created a certification in Totara Learn (V12), and am trying to sort out the assignment for an individual I have added.

I would like this individual to complete the certification in 12 months; the idea being that they will complete the first set of courses within 6 months, then they need to complete the second set within another 6 months.

So, I think I need to set the completion criteria as a time relative to the event - which would be within 1 year of being enrolled on this certification / program.

Whenever I add this individual, and set the completion criteria like this, and then save changes, the due date is set to 2 years from now, not 1 year from now.  And I get the same due date if I set the time to completed as within 1 day of being enrolled on this certification / program too!

I don't seem to be having the same problem with other users, just this certain individual.  For example if I add myself, I get the correct due date of 1 year from enrollment (today).   

Any ideas for what might be going on here? I have attached some screenshots of what is happening.  Would appreciate any advice! 

Craig Eves
Re: Certification Assignments / Completion Criteria
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 14 March 2019, 6:45 PM
Group Totara

Hi Sarah

If you enable the program completion editor under advanced features and go into the certification and completion tab then select the individual the all of the transactions will show. This should explain what is going on.

If this doesn't then copy the transactions and we will explain what is going on.

regards

Craig

Sarah Bynevelt
Re: Certification Assignments / Completion Criteria
by Sarah Bynevelt - Sunday, 17 March 2019, 12:09 PM

Thanks Craig - all sorted!