Best practice forum (Archived)

Awarding Badges for Repeating Courses

Nathan Harris
Awarding Badges for Repeating Courses
by Nathan Harris - Thursday, 23 May 2019, 3:53 PM

I am wanting to award badges for an annually repeated course.  I created a site badge adding the courses it was to be awarded for and set the expiry for 365 days.  The problem I have is after the badge has expired and the learner re-completes the course, the badge is not updated to current again.  Tried changing the badge criteria to the certification of the repeating course but then that issued badges to learners whose certificate was expired.

Looked through the Totara Help and Badges Module but couldn't find an answer.  Has anyone successfully done this or know how?

I'm using Totara 9.

Tom Ireland
Re: Awarding Badges for Repeating Courses
by Tom Ireland - Friday, 24 May 2019, 12:19 AM
Group Totara

Hey, Nathan.

It is not currently possible to have a badge reset for a certification at this moment in time, however we do appreciate this could be useful and other people have requested this too.

We have a feature in our tracker for this, so it would be great if you could add some information to the existing feature forum topic and highlight what pain points or business requirements this would address for you if we developed this feature.

The feature forum topic is here.

Thanks.

Tom Ireland, Totara Support

Joanne Pratt
by Joanne Pratt - Friday, 24 May 2019, 12:46 AM
Group Most helpful contributor 2023

Added my yes please to the request - thank you Jo

Nathan Harris
by Nathan Harris - Monday, 27 May 2019, 12:57 PM

Thanks Tom.

I have added some comments to the feature forum topic.