Best practice forum (Archived)

Display list of all audiences and their "Dynamic audience criteria"

Manir Dhakal
Display list of all audiences and their "Dynamic audience criteria"
by Manir Dhakal - Tuesday, 18 June 2019, 5:27 AM

Hi there,

I am trying to configure the built in reports to display a list of audiences and their 'Dynamic audience criteria'. This is for our internal auditing and training allocation purposes. But I can see no way of doing this using the builtin reports. So I am having to directly query into the database to retrieve these details. But looks like there seems to be quite a few tables all linked to 'cohorts' and cohort rules. 

Before I spend hours trying to understand the links between these tables, has anyone done this before or has got the SQL to retrieve this data. Any help would be appreciated. I have highlighted the what I would like to output on the attached image.

Many thanks,

Manir

Wesley Holden
Re: Display list of all audiences and their "Dynamic audience criteria"
by Wesley Holden - Friday, 21 June 2019, 11:37 AM

Hi Manir,

You are correct in that this report can't be run out of the box. I do recommend reaching out to your Totara Partner for support on this - in some cases there may be customisation that could impact the work you are looking to do.

Also, here's a link to our public developer docs including the database schema.

Thanks!

Wes

Manir Dhakal
Re: Display list of all audiences and their "Dynamic audience criteria"
by Manir Dhakal - Monday, 24 June 2019, 3:54 AM

Thank you Wesley. I will look at the docs and will contact our partners to see if they can help us too. 

I wonder why Totara missed out on the ability to add this column when selecting the Audience reports. Would be really useful for users like us who drive so much training based on Audience membership. This extra column on Audience report source would make auditing rulesets so quick, easy and efficient.

Thanks,

M