Best practice forum (Archived)

Feedback surveys annonymous data

Josh Thorne
Feedback surveys annonymous data
by Josh Thorne - Monday, 24 June 2019, 1:50 AM

Hi all,

I had previously set up a feedback survey (anonymising data) that staff have started completing for one of our courses. I have now changed the settings to un anonymise the data as I need to know who has given what feedback. Annoyingly all those who completed the course when the anonymous setting was on are still showing as anonymous.

Is there a way I can get this to show the user for each answer?

Thanks in advance.

Craig Eves
Re: Feedback surveys annonymous data
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 24 June 2019, 6:45 PM
Group Totara

Hi Josh

This is designed so that the Feedback answer is anonymous as people will be giving feedback understanding this is anonymous.

Regards

Josh Thorne
by Josh Thorne - Tuesday, 25 June 2019, 1:21 AM

Is there any way this can be reversed (for HR reasons)?
Michael Ball
by Michael Ball - Tuesday, 25 June 2019, 6:39 AM

Hi Josh,

I am afraid it is not possible to make this change after the fact.

We feel the ability to make this change to the functionality after someone has provided anonymous feedback in good faith would remove its core purpose and prevent the uptake of its use.

Many thanks

Mike

Austen Sinclair
by Austen Sinclair - Tuesday, 25 June 2019, 6:52 PM
Group PartnersGroup TXP Site Administrator

Hi Josh,

I've had a similar problem in the past where feedback left by an individual didn’t reach the standards of behaviour required by HR. We isolated the individual via the time stamp of when the feedback was left and the site logs.  

Subsequently, we bypassed the issue of anonymity in the Feedback module by removing the text in the Language file that displays Mode & the statement about your details being recorded, and our vendor customised the plug-in to hide the option for anonymous mode.

Cheers
Austen