Totara Learn Open Discussions

Make a saved search the default for the My reports link

Larry Mitipelo
Make a saved search the default for the My reports link
by Larry Mitipelo - Thursday, 6 February 2020, 2:34 PM
Group Most Helpful Contributor 2021Group Most Helpful Contributor 2022Group Most helpful contributor 2023

Hi,

Just wondering when I create a report and then a saved version of that report, is there anywhere to make that report the default version under the users My reports? So when they click on the link under My reports it goes to the saved version rather that the original?

I've seen other posts but not sure if they were asking quite what I am.

thanks

Craig Eves
Re: Make a saved search the default for the My reports link
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Sunday, 9 February 2020, 2:26 PM
Group Totara

Hi Larry

There is a new feature  TL-17930 in Totara 13 that adds the ability to set a report builder saved search as a default view. 

As a Report Builder report curator, a saved search can be set as the report default view.
This search will be applied as a default view for everyone who has visibility of the report. Viewers of the report can remove the default or change to another saved search so they have their own saved view.

Does this sound as though this would meet your requirements?

Regards

Larry Mitipelo
by Larry Mitipelo - Sunday, 9 February 2020, 5:57 PM
Group Most Helpful Contributor 2021Group Most Helpful Contributor 2022Group Most helpful contributor 2023

Hi Craig,

Yes, yes it does

Thanks,
Larry

Its me Rahul
by Rahul Kumar - Wednesday, 12 February 2020, 6:29 AM

Hi Larry , 

If you report table block and save a search in report table block  that might work you.

Larry Mitipelo
by Larry Mitipelo - Wednesday, 12 February 2020, 5:53 PM

thanks Rahul.

I'm wanting to update the default reports accessed via the my reports link on the navigation menu.

This came about because I was aware you could save a custom search in the report block and wondered if I could do the same in my reports.

It sounds like that update in V13 will let me do that.