Totara Learn Open Discussions

Preferred Theme for Users

Ian Fletcher
Preferred Theme for Users
by Ian Fletcher - Monday, 8 June 2020, 9:31 AM

Hello,

I have a quick question regarding the following language within the Totara Learn 12 documentation.  It's in regards to Themes.

A theme sets the appearance (colours, fonts, heading styles, block shapes, icons etc) for your Totara Learn site via HTML, CSS and JavaScript. A theme can be applied to the site, user, course, or category level and (where responsive) can be used on different web-enabled devices.

How does someone go about assigning a theme to a user?  I've gone into the Admin portal and have accessed the

Site administration/Appearance/Themes 

I don't see a way to create another theme.  Is this something that has to be created behind the scenes in Moodle?  How do I access the Totara default themes?  I saw in a post within the forum that once there are multiple themes to choose from that you can access a user and select a "Preferred" theme for them.  I'm just inquiring how to get to that point.    

Thank you for your assistance!

Ian

Craig Eves
Re: Preferred Theme for Users
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 8 June 2020, 4:13 PM
Group Totara

Hi Ian

User themes need to be enabled on the site first. Once these are enabled then a user can select their profile (upper right corner) and Edit profile and select their preferred theme. As there is only one theme this will be the Default theme - Basis

There is some more detailed information on creating themes in the public developer documentation.

Regards