Totara Learn Open Discussions

Learner Due Dates on Dashboard

Kim Finne
Learner Due Dates on Dashboard
by Kim Finne - Friday, 5 June 2020, 9:41 AM

I am new to Totara and trying to get the course due date to show on the dashboard.  I have the "Current Learning" block set and an end date set on the Learning Plan.  The course is showing but it does not show when I want it completed by.  I am on version 12.  any help would be grateful 

Craig Eves
Re: Learner Due Dates on Dashboard
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Sunday, 7 June 2020, 2:28 PM
Group Totara

Hi Kim

The course due date you want to show comes from the user's Learning plan rather than the course so the date is not available in the Current Learning block.

The Learning plan is not available as a report . The Learning plan is available to the user when they select Record of Learning and then the Learning plan.

Regards

Kim Finne
by Kim Finne - Monday, 8 June 2020, 3:05 PM

ok thanks.  That is disappointing.  

While I have you here......  :)

I have set up a simple course  - It will not allow someone to self enroll.  I have looked at the the Totara Help and could not locate how to fix.  

thanks 

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 8 June 2020, 4:00 PM
Group Totara

Hi Kim

To allow self enrolment in a course the self enrolment method needs to be enabled in the course . 

Login as admin and go to Course administration > Users > Enrolment methods and click on the Eye icon to allow self enrolment on the course.

All is not lost for adding the ability to include the due date for a course in a Learning Plan on the dashboard .

We have a Suggest features forum where new features can be discussed and added. If you are able to create a support ticket through your Partner or create a new post  to explain your use case a bit more we can evaluate this suggestion more.

Regards

Kim Finne
by Kim Finne - Monday, 8 June 2020, 7:08 PM

I am sorry however I do not have that menu 

I did fine Site Administrator>Plugins/Enrolments>Self Enrolment

I did find Allow existing enrolments - should that be yes?

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 8 June 2020, 7:56 PM
Group Totara

Hi Kim

This enrolment method sounds as though it is installed an visible on the site.

Have you gone to a course and can you see the Course administration block and Users menu?

Regards

Kim Finne
by Kim Finne - Monday, 8 June 2020, 8:42 PM

Found it - 

thanks for being patient 

Kim