Totara Learn Open Discussions

What can a temporary manager do?

Tina Berry
What can a temporary manager do?
by Tina Berry - Monday, 15 June 2020, 6:22 PM

We're setting up a Totara 12 site and moving our performance management across to it.  As part of the setup work, the HR team want to populate the goals and development plans for staff that have previously been set for the year.  

I thought using the temporary manager functionality would work but, while it allows a temporary manager to add items to the development plan, it doesn't allow them to view or add goals. Is this something the temporary manager can't do at all or is there a permission I need to change?

Ngā mihi,

Tina

me
Re: What can a temporary manager do?
by George Angus - Monday, 15 June 2020, 8:11 PM
Group Totara

Hi Tina,

I can see there is an issue with this functionality and I've filed a Helpdesk ticket on behalf of your Totara partner, Ref: TL-25529, which is viewable in our Public tracker.

We'll get back to you when we've investigated further, your Partner will be notified but it would be great if you could drop them a line too.

regards,

George.

Tom Wood
by Tom Wood - Tuesday, 28 July 2020, 2:12 AM
Group Totara
Hi Tina,

A fix for this issue was included in 12.20 and Evergreen. Temporary managers are now correctly able to view team member goals.

The full release notes are viewable here: https://totara.community/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=24393

Cheers

Tom
Tina Berry
by Tina Berry - Tuesday, 28 July 2020, 1:16 PM

Kia ora Tom

Thanks for the update,

Nga mihi,

Tina