Totara Learn Open Discussions

Recurrent Certification Notification to Manager

Alin Costin
Recurrent Certification Notification to Manager
by Alin Costin - Tuesday, 16 March 2021, 6:04 AM

Hi All, 

I hope I am not asking a question that was answered already, 

Is there a way that the responsible manager will get a notification when an employee is due to get certified again? 

Example: 5 people completed a course 10 months ago, so the system will remind them that in 2 months time their certifications will expire. Can an extra email be added to these notifications i.e. the 5 users + the responsible manager that will ensure they complete the courses? 

Would appreciate any guidance from you guys. 

Thank You 

Tags:
Craig Eves
Re: Recurrent Certification Notification to Manager
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 16 March 2021, 7:25 PM
Group Totara

Hi Alin

This sounds like this can be achieved by adding a program due message and adding the 2 months before program is due to trigger this for all users this applies to .

There is also a box to 'Send notice to manager' and a message box to add the message content.

Regards

Alin Costin
by Alin Costin - Wednesday, 17 March 2021, 5:10 AM

Hi Craig, 

Thank you so much for you help and explanation. 

I will try and work with it and from your response it looks like it might be just what I need. 

Really appreciate it 

Regards

Alin Costin
by Alin Costin - Thursday, 18 March 2021, 10:15 AM

Hi Craig, 

Could you please guide me on how to setup / assign the manager role so this can be used when "notification to manager" is required? 

Thank you 

Alin

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 18 March 2021, 4:43 PM
Group Totara

Hi Alin

To assign a manager to a user the user needs to have a manager assigned to their Job assignment . 

This can be done by

•  manually by Adding a job assignment when editing a users profile or
  •  uploading a job assignment file if you have a lot of data that needs updating frequently and there is an external system that this information can be sourced from.

Regards