Best practice forum (Archived)

Totara Errors

Thomas Reynolds
Totara Errors
by Thomas Reynolds - Wednesday, 4 August 2021, 10:43 AM

I need some help understanding some errors I'm getting in HR-Import.  I have checked the production file for these errors against the user and jobs assignments and I'm not seeing any differences.  

The first error with multiple entries found for job assignment.  There are multiple users in this training area but only this user is throwing a code.  This is true for the second error also.  

The third error I'm not sure to go to try to address this issue.

If anyone has any suggestions of where to go to address these issues it would be helpful.

IdSort by Id Ascending
Run IDSort by Run ID Ascending
Date/TimeSort by Date/Time Ascending
ElementSort by Element Ascending
Log typeSort by Log type Ascending
ActionSort by Action Ascending
InfoSort by Info Ascending

15220420731Aug 3 2021 at 01:17:40jobassignmentErrorchecksanityMultiple entries found for job assignment 'POI_42460_POI100_VOLUNTEER' for user '42460'. No updates made to this job assignment.
15220421731Aug 3 2021 at 01:17:40jobassignmentErrorchecksanityMultiple entries found for job assignment 'CWR_29813_CW6304_MID NONEMP' for user '29813'. No updates made to this job assignment.

15231397731Aug 3 2021 at 01:19:40jobassignmentErrorcreate/updateSkipped job assignment 'CWR_45989_CW6336_8231' for user '45989' as creating it would generate a circular management structure.

Tags:
David
Re: Totara Errors
by David Shaw - Thursday, 5 August 2021, 2:16 AM

Hi Thomas,

If you look at the job assignments for the first two learner accounts I expect you will see that they have more than one job assignment with the same ID number which needs to be unique for a user i.e. a single user account can't have the same ID for more than one job assignment record as HR import won't know which one to update.  FYI the same ID can be used across different user accounts.

The last error means that the upload would have created a loop in your management hierarchy e.g. A manages B who manages A.  This can be as simple as this example but can also be a very long list of job assignments going through lots of user accounts.  Have a look at who was going to be set as their manager and for which job role and follow the tree up.

David