Suggest Totara Perform features

Refreshable/Repeatable Competencies

Phil Williscroft
Re: Refreshable/Repeatable Competencies
by Phil Williscroft - Wednesday, 26 January 2022, 9:28 PM

Hi Naif.

One comment.  You state

As an example we would have a nurse in ED that needs to have competence with an Adult Infusion pump, but this would have to be assessed annually, it also may be that they have to complete an e-learning and get manager sign off or one of those paths. I know certifications would sort of meet this requirement but as we have nearly 10,000 medical devices and a staff member may need to be competent with a 100 then certifications aren't feasible due to the sheer number.

I'm interested in the volume issue.  The advantage all this competency framework concept has is that once you have set it up you can re-use competence with e.g. an Adult Infusion pump can be re-used across any role where competence with that devise is required (using the method I've describe above). 
But, that still requires the initial set-up of a competency for each device.  So in the first instance the set-up volume remains the same.  Setting up a competency is a lot simpler than setting up a certification, but I thought I'd mention this regardless.

I'm interested in your thoughts on this.
I've also got the team thinking about that demo

Thanks