Totara Learn Open Discussions

Audiences and Certifications (V12)

Sue Blake
Audiences and Certifications (V12)
by Sue Blake - Tuesday, 16 November 2021, 11:31 PM
Group Good learner 2023Group Most Helpful Contributor 2022Group Most helpful contributor 2023Group TXP Site Administrator

I am creating one of my first Certifications using Audiences (Totara Version 12).  The Audience assigned to the Certification is all learners who have already completed the original certification path, so they will only be prompted for action at the recertification point.

My question is around the Assignment Due Date on the Program Assignment tab, does this due date relate to when the original certification path should be completed?

If it is as my audience has already completed that learning is it OK to leave it as Set Due Date (which I appear to be able to do) or will that impact on the learners when they get to the point of being prompted to recertify?

I would appreciate feedback from others who are using audiences and certifications in this way or guidance from Totara support.

I am using Totara Version 12.

Thanks

Sue

Nathan Harris
Re: Audiences and Certifications (V12)
by Nathan Harris - Wednesday, 17 November 2021, 12:01 PM

Hi Sue,

We use V12 too and I set up Certifications in the same way with the Audience rule as learners who have completed the original certification path.

I leave Set Due Date as is and the Certification works perfectly fine.

I usually choose 'Use certification expiry date' for Recertification date and 2 months for Recertification Window (for an annual Certification).  This means the learner will receive notification 2 months before their completion expires so they can plan time to recomplete before expiry.

Regards

Nathan

Sue Blake
Re: Audiences and Certifications (V12)
by Sue Blake - Thursday, 18 November 2021, 1:27 AM
Group Good learner 2023Group Most Helpful Contributor 2022Group Most helpful contributor 2023Group TXP Site Administrator

Hi Nathan

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post.  That is really helpful and I feel more comfortable with leaving that assignment due date as Set Due Date and know it won't have any impact on the recertification.

Regards

Sue