Totara Learn Open Discussions

Guest Login Button

Mayeso Afolayan
Guest Login Button
by Mayeso Afolayan - Tuesday, 15 March 2022, 7:58 AM

Hello! I was wondering if you could assist me with the following:

What I'm trying to do: I am trying to provide guest access to the LMS so users who are not members of our organization can view and participate in select courses.

What I've done so far: I enabled the Guest Login button under the Authentication plugins.

Problem: I tested the Guest Login button on the authentication screen. When I click the Guest Login button, "guest" appears in the username field while leaving the password field blank, and a message displays that the password is invalid.

How may I correct this issue? I appreciate your help.

Craig Eves
Re: Guest Login Button
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 15 March 2022, 5:41 PM
Group Totara

Hi Mayeso

I tested Showing the Guest login button and this did log me in as a guest user and I could access courses with guest enrolment method enabled.

Have you got the Limit concurrent logins enabled - the guest account might be used somewhere else.

Does this work with the Microsoft SSO disabled if so then there may be a setting in the authentication plugin (OAuth2?) conflicting with guest access

regards

Mayeso Afolayan
Re: Guest Login Button
by Mayeso Afolayan - Thursday, 17 March 2022, 3:16 PM

Thank you for your reply, Craig. After viewing your advice, I've concluded that we will have to forgo the use of this feature. 'Limit concurrent logins' is not compatible with SSO authentication plugins, and disabling Microsoft SSO isn't really a viable option for us at this time. I appreciate your help with this and will seek alternatives (such as manual accounts) to serve our potential external users.