Totara Learn Open Discussions

Organisation Categorisation with regards to Reporting

Jonathan Jackson
Organisation Categorisation with regards to Reporting
di Jonathan Jackson - Wednesday, 27 April 2022, 03:23

Hi,

I'm trying to create a report in Totara v12 which shows the completion % for multiple certifications across several organisations within our NHS Trust. Many of our staff belong to multiple organisations (usually because they are signed up for bank work as well as their regular staff role) and this has caused an issue when it comes to creating the report. The report builder is grouping staff based on the specific combination of organisations they belong to rather than the desired grouping of a user counting towards both organisation groups. this is resulting in hundreds of categories with only a few people in them. Could anybody provide advice on how we can achieve the desired report with a user's completion counting towards each organisation they belong to?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, in particular those with experience of using Totara within an NHS or similar healthcare context.

Thanks!

Craig Eves
Re: Organisation Categorisation with regards to Reporting
di Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 28 April 2022, 19:56
Gruppo Totara

Hi Jonathan

I can't see an easy  way around this using the report builder. As I understand it if a user is in more than one organisation the organisations are combined so any organisation they are a member of can be selected.

I think that the organisation values would need to be exported to a spreadsheet or other tool and deaggregated so there is one record for each users's organisation.

Alternatively filtering per organisation and aggregating in the report builder could work but take a long time.

Regards