Totara Talent Experience Platform Open Discussions

Microsoft Teams without Totara Engage

Pete Truran
Microsoft Teams without Totara Engage
by Pete Truran - Monday, 18 July 2022, 7:34 AM
Group PartnersGroup TXP Site Administrator

Hi,

Please can you advise if it is possible to integrate Microsoft teams with just Totara Learn?

Looking through all the help guides and the course there is nothing I can see that specifies if Totara Learn can be integrated into MS Teams without also having Engage.

Without Engage, I can still see the page for configuring Teams `/admin/settings.php?section=msteamssetup`, but I would like clarification on what features will/will not be available once set up if we do not have Engage too.

Thanks,

Pete

Craig Eves
Re: Microsoft Teams without Totara Engage
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 18 July 2022, 5:14 PM
Group Totara

Hi Pete

The functions in Totara Learn that will be available to the MS Teams app includes tabs for Find learning, Current learning, Your library, and Totara notifications (including tasks and alerts). Users can interact with  Totara Learn content, such as courses, programmes/certifications and activities.

I don't think you need Engage to set up MS Teams app and will confirm with Totara team.

Update: the Totara Team have confirmed Engage is required to setup MS Teams app 

regards

Pete Truran
by Pete Truran - Monday, 18 July 2022, 11:59 PM
Group PartnersGroup TXP Site Administrator

That's great, thanks for coming back to me so quick Craig.

Cheers, 
Pete

Simon Seiffert
by Simon Seiffert - Tuesday, 19 July 2022, 6:40 PM
Group Most Helpful Contributor 2022Group Most helpful contributor 2023Group TXP Site Administrator

Will the requirement for Engage change?

It seems strange, as most of the content served via Teams is from Learn, and when there's products like Viva Learning (by Microsoft) that are already available in teams, this seems like a huge feature gap.