Totara Learn Open Discussions

Integrating Pearson MyLab in Totara

Malinda Brown
Integrating Pearson MyLab in Totara
by Malinda Brown - Thursday, 29 February 2024, 8:42 AM

Good morning,

I was wondering if anyone has tried to integrate Pearson MyLab digital textbook resources into Totara before. If so, how did you implement it and how well did it work for you.

I appreciate your responses.

Malinda Brown
Re: Integrating Pearson MyLab in Totara
by Malinda Brown - Friday, 8 March 2024, 8:04 AM

I found I needed to go to manage tools and create a tool to configure the LTI 1.3 integration with Pearson. I now have an icon with Pearson, but I still need to get the tool to fully integrate.

I am still not sure it is going to work. Has anyone tried to integrate a textbook tool such as Cengage, McGraw-Hill, Pearson, or another LTI based resource into Totara?

Natalia Kurikova
Re: Integrating Pearson MyLab in Totara
by Natalia Kurikova - Sunday, 10 March 2024, 2:58 PM
Group Most helpful contributor 2023

Hi Malinda

I didn't integrate Pearson resources, but we use other LTI integrations from other vendors.
I've found that Moodle docs covered it pretty well: https://docs.moodle.org/403/en/Publish_as_LTI_tool

Sometimes, once you've created a tool via manage tools, you then need to share that information with your vendor (the Tool Configuration Details you get when clicking the eye icon on the tool).

And then in one of your courses if you add an External tool activity, it should let you add the LTI based resource.