Suggest Totara Perform features

Suggested changes for v19

Ashley Mundy
Re: Suggested changes for v19
by Ashley Mundy - Monday, 18 March 2024, 1:25 PM
Group Totara

Hi Jeet -

(I was on leave hence the late reply 🙂)

Thank you for these suggestions! Could you describe the scenarios or types of performance activities that you're trying to create that would benefit from these improvements?

Your first and last points make a lot of sense, the ability to correct mistakes from both a participant and an admin is one we've been exploring most recently. The one red flag that we've come up against is auditability and finding a balance between fixing errors or omissions and changing the nature of the review.

For example, let's say that a user selects a goal (or competency) for review and submits. They later realise that they selected the wrong goal, and wish to replace it with other(s). However, their manager has already started to provide a review of that goal. When this happens - what do you see being allowable for the user? What should their manager see?

We currently have required v. optional settings at the question level, but if I'm understanding correctly, what you're after is required v. optional at the section level? If I follow through with this line of thought, then a review is complete after all required sections are submitted, and any optional sections may or may not be filled out.

We're looking at what happens to performance activities when a user changes job assignments, or when a new manager joins a team (same job assignment, different manager entered into the field, please correct me if I'm wrong).

What you're after is for an incoming manager to be able to view pre-existing, closed performance activities?

Would this be defined for each activity, so for instance all closed appraisals for an employee would be made visible to their new manager, but not their 'peer reviews' (example only)?
Would the type of job change matter? For instance, would 'new manager' because the employee changed jobs get access to all old appraisals, or only 'new manager' for the same job assignment?

In a similar line of questioning, in which cases should the 'old manager' lose access to closed performance activities?

Cheers-Ashley