Totara Learn Open Discussions

H5P in Pathways format

Raewin Walkington
H5P in Pathways format
by Raewin Walkington - Wednesday, 21 August 2024, 11:44 AM

We have recently started using Totara 18 to use the Pathway format. We can use H5P in a section by itself, but in the topics format we embed the H5P activities into a page and would still like to be able to do this. Should it still be possible to do this in the Pathways format? It would be great if it is.

Lee Cooper
Re: H5P in Pathways format
by Lee Cooper - Thursday, 22 August 2024, 1:26 AM
Group TotaraGroup TXP Site Administrator

Hi Raewin

Great that you are using the pathway format and H5P! This comes down to the text editor that is being used. if you navigate to yoursite.com/admin/settings.php?section=manageeditors you need to have the Atto editor as a the default. This way you can use the embed the html, as you already do in the topics format. It is the label activity that is not supported in the pathway format, but page works instead

Thanks

Lee

Raewin Walkington
by Raewin Walkington - Sunday, 25 August 2024, 11:29 PM

Hi Lee,

Thanks for your reply, We use the Atto editior and I can embed but the result is not what I expect but shows up like the snip below. If I login as a Learner I am able to access the settings and make changes, so it is not functioning as expected. Any ideas?

Dale Dunnett
by Dale Dunnett - Monday, 2 September 2024, 8:17 PM
Group Learn Site Administrator

The issue looks to be that Pathway format adds the entire website page in the iframe. I tested this a fair amount and if you change the course to topics format and embed the H5P it looks as it should. If you then change to Pathway format, that same previously working example then shows the rest of the Totara site in the embed.

Its a good idea to have the feature to have H5P sit as its own resource but it comes at the cost of not being able to use H5P alongside content in a "page" or similar.

Example would be:

Text

H5P

Text

Hard to know if this is by design or a bug. (feels more like a bug).

Below is how its automatically embedded in Pathway

How that same H5P looks if you take the embed code it offers (it includes the entire Totara page)

Lee Cooper
by Lee Cooper - Tuesday, 3 September 2024, 6:02 AM
Group TotaraGroup TXP Site Administrator

Thanks Dale and Raewin. I've raised this as a bug and will see what comes back from the team