Best practice forum (Archived)

This forum discussion has been removed

This forum post has been removed
Monday, 6 July 2015, 11:18 PM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
Craig Eves
Re: Course in certification
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 7 July 2015, 2:48 PM
Group Totara

Hi Juanita

I think I understand what you are wanting to achieve - you are wanting to add the course completion record to an induction program and also to a certification. For this they would need to be enrolled in the course through the program and the certificate.

My idea would be to create a dynamic audience for the certificate that has a rule that they have to have completed the induction program this would add them to the certiificate and hopefully add their existing course completion. i will check out if this is actually the case

For the email question I will also need to test out - its my understanding that the emails would go out retrospectively but will try out . There have been some modifications to messaging for certifications - what version are you on?

Tuesday, 7 July 2015, 4:10 PM
Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 7 July 2015, 5:33 PM
Group Totara

I tested this by adding a certification window open message after the window was open and I did receive email for past window open people in 2.5. 

Nathan Lewis
by Nathan Lewis - Tuesday, 7 July 2015, 4:12 PM
Group Totara

Hi Juanita.

I think it might be possible is to set everything up inside one certification:

Primary certification path:

• Course set 1, Learner must complete "All courses", contains the required introduction courses
  • THEN (this appears after you add a second course set in one of the two cert paths)
  • Course set 2, Learner must complete "One course", contains the two optional courses

Recertification path:

• Course set 3, Learner must complete "One course", contains the two optional courses

Users who are added to the cert for the first time will need to complete the primary certification path. Before their certification is due to expire, the users must complete the recertification path, and this repeats. If they fail to recertify on time then they will expire and will be required to re-complete the primary certification path.

Nathan

Tuesday, 7 July 2015, 9:47 PM