Best practice forum (Archived)

Filter by Room - not available in all courses

Michelle Lamont
Filter by Room - not available in all courses
by Michelle Lamont - Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 8:41 PM

Hi,

We're using V 2.7.6

I've noticed that when viewing the session screen within a face-to-face activity in a course, the 'Filter by Room' field is not always disaplayed.  It doesn't seem to be user or role/permission related, rather course related but I don't know why.  The courses without the Filter by Room field have several sessions listed under Upcoming session and/or several sessions listed under Previous sessions.  All sessions have a room recorded as well.

Am I missing something?

Thanks, Michelle

me
Re: Filter by Room - not available in all courses
by George Angus - Monday, 28 September 2015, 1:56 PM
Group Totara

Hi Michelle,

Are they saved rooms? Can you post screenshots so we can see what you are seeing?

cheers,

George.

Michelle Lamont
by Michelle Lamont - Tuesday, 29 September 2015, 4:04 PM

Hi George,

Yes, they are all saved rooms (see sample below).

Below is an example of a F2F activity in a course that has the Filter by Room drop-down field.  This F2F activity has upcoming sessions and previous sessions. Previous sessions not captured in picture.

Below is an example of a F2F activity in a different course with no Filter by Room drop-down field.  This F2F activity only has previous sessions:

Below is an example of a F2F activity in another different course with a Filter by Room drop-down field.  This F2F activity only has previous sessions:

I also tried the above logged in as a different user and get the same result.  Hope this helps.

Thanks, Michelle

Michelle Lamont
by Michelle Lamont - Tuesday, 29 September 2015, 4:17 PM

Hi George,

Let's try again.  Pictures didn't attach in my initial reply , so I've put them in an attachment.

Yes, all rooms are saved rooms.  See picture in attached.

Example 1 - a F2F activity in a course that has the Filter by Room drop-down field.  This F2F activity has upcoming sessions and previous sessions. Previous sessions not captured in picture.

Example 2 - a F2F activity in a different course with no Filter by Room drop-down field.  This F2F activity only has previous sessions.

Example 3 - a F2F activity in another different course with a Filter by Room drop-down field.  This F2F activity only has previous sessions.

I also tried the above logged in as a different user and get the same result.  Hope this helps. 

Thanks, Michelle

me
by George Angus - Sunday, 4 October 2015, 7:31 PM
Group Totara

Hi Michelle,

The filter is only set to appear if the number of rooms >3. Its not a bug, but I can see if you have, say, 50 sessions over three rooms you'd want to be able to filter. Do you want me to put in an enhancement request?

cheers,

George.

Michelle Lamont
by Michelle Lamont - Sunday, 11 October 2015, 8:03 PM

Thanks George - that makes sense.  The filter certainly would be beneficial in a situation like the one you explained above.  I'm happy to submit an enhancement request.

Thanks again, Michelle