Best practice forum (Archived)

Seminar approval options in Totara 9

Maryam Brorsson
Seminar approval options in Totara 9
by Maryam Brorsson - Sunday, 12 March 2017, 11:57 PM
Group Partners

Hi,

My client need to make some people with certain position approver av seminar events instead of using manager approval. I have created an audience which cover these people and assigned an empty role to to the audience. 

1. Is it possible to make that role one of the "available approval options" without having that role as "Event role". The reason is if I choose that role as Event role it would not be possible to make a member av audience to be approve of 2 events which takes place the same day and time. It will be a conflict.

2. Is it possible to choose some of these members (audience) to be approver in the "Event" level? The requirement is the to be able to have different approver for different events under the same seminar.

Please let me know if I need to clarify more what I mean:)

BR

Maryam

Craig Eves
Re: Seminar approval options in Totara 9
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 13 March 2017, 2:00 PM
Group Totara

Hi Maryann

Is it possible to make that role one of the "available approval options" without having that role as "Event role". The reason is if I choose that role as Event role it would not be possible to make a member av audience to be approve of 2 events which takes place the same day and time. It will be a conflict.

When a role is added to available approval option this role is added as an event role - it is possible not to tick a person with the event role so they aren't able to approve 2 events at same time (I can't see what the conflict is here?)

Approver

Is it possible to choose some of these members (audience) to be approver in the "Event" level? The requirement is the to be able to have different approver for different events under the same seminar.

Yes you should be able to select individuals with the event role for each Event role as above - as long as the new role has approve seminar permissions and is assigned as a role using Manager and Administrative approval setting then you can choose the User to approve at an Event level.

Approver role

Please contact me if you need more clarification as not sure I understand you fully.

regards

Maryam Brorsson
by Maryam Brorsson - Tuesday, 14 March 2017, 2:26 AM
Group Partners

Hello Craig,

Thank you for your reply.

Is it possible to add different approver for different events in the same seminar?

BR

Maryam

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 14 March 2017, 12:15 PM
Group Totara

Hi Maryann

Yes it is possible to add different approver for each event - once the event role is added each event has the screenshot above where the person in the approver role can be selected.

regards

Maryam Brorsson
by Maryam Brorsson - Wednesday, 15 March 2017, 1:11 AM
Group Partners

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your answer.

Then the issue will be that the same person (approver) can`t be approver for another event in other seminars that take place the same date and time. It will be conflict and you get error.

BR

Maryam

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 16 March 2017, 2:13 PM
Group Totara

Hi Maryam

That's the bit I couldn't understand - is there an error message about conflicts when the same approver is assigned for seminars at same date and times . They are not enrolled in the seminar as a learner so wouldn't have thought this would apply. I will try this out as sounds as though this may be what is happening.

regards

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 16 March 2017, 2:31 PM
Group Totara

Hi Maryam

I tested this and can see what you mean - there is a message saying that the user is already assigned as an approver and select another user - so looks like you need to do this. 

I think an approver should be able to approve events at the same time so will follow up and probably create a ticket to change. 

regards

Maryam Brorsson
by Maryam Brorsson - Thursday, 16 March 2017, 11:22 PM
Group Partners

Hej Craig,

Thanks for your reply, look forward to hear from you.

Best wishes
Maryam