Best practice forum (Archived)

Scroll bars and list order

Steph Wild
Scroll bars and list order
by Steph Wild - Monday, 12 May 2014, 7:47 AM
Group Learn Site Administrator

Hi,

I can't help but notice is some areas of the system there are no scroll bars at the bottom of lists so that it's sometimes not possible to read the full content. 

As an example within Course Completion settings when you look at completing the current course by completing a different course the drop down menu there has no scroll bars and also is not in alphabetical order so it can be hard to find the right course.

OK, just realised I mentioned two things there scroll bars and list order.  Are there any moves to change this?

Steph

This forum post has been removed
Monday, 12 May 2014, 3:37 PM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
me
Re: Scroll bars and list order
by George Angus - Monday, 12 May 2014, 3:41 PM
Group Totara

Hi Chris,

Could you email me screenshots?

Many thanks,

George.

This forum post has been removed
Tuesday, 13 May 2014, 5:21 AM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
me
by George Angus - Monday, 12 May 2014, 3:40 PM
Group Totara

Hi Steph,

Can you send a screenshot so I can see what you are seeing? I had a look in 2.5 & the scroll bar was there - but there was the stipulation: "Note: Course completion conditions must be set for a course to appear in the above list."

Does this affect what you are seeing?

regards,

George.

Steph Wild
by Steph Wild - Thursday, 15 May 2014, 3:41 AM

Hi George,

Attachment as requested, you'll see that there is no scroll bar on the bottom of the list and also the list is in a very random order, it could do to be alphabetical as we will end up with hundreds of courses on here.

Thanks.

Steph

me
by George Angus - Sunday, 18 May 2014, 9:12 PM
Group Totara

Hi Steph,

The courses are displayed in the order in which they appear in the category. The scroll bar should be down the side of the list..its getting cut off in the PDF. It looks like Totara standard youre using - what version are you using & is there anything else you can tell me about youre theme - have there been any customisations?

regards,

George.

Steph Wild
by Steph Wild - Monday, 19 May 2014, 2:05 AM

Hi George,

This still isn't making any sense though, by my logic (which could be flawed!) the list order should be in category order and then follow sub-categories and then courses.  This is not the order of this list it is totally random.

The PDF isn't cutting anything off, this is exactly as it appears on my desktop with no scroll bar to move the contents of the window left or right to enable a view of the up & down scroll bar.

I'm currently working on version 2.5.13,  I aren't sure about customisations to the theme as our suppliers have done this however it was them who suggested I added this to the forum.

Thanks - Steph

me
by George Angus - Monday, 19 May 2014, 9:53 PM
Group Totara

Hi Steph,

1) You are quite right.

2) Please accept my apologies for misunderstanding the situation.

3) The courses appear to be displayed randomly - a line needs to be added to the code & Ill submit a bug - we have a fix, Ill also put in an enhancement to get a bigger window or a better way to add courses.

4) The scoll bar is disappearing off the page due to the window stretching to fit an extra-long course name (the responsive theme will cope with it) - Ill put in a bug.

5) The users will still be able to use the mouse wheel to scroll down, but Id check on the length of the course name anyway.

hope this is useful,

George.

Steph Wild
by Steph Wild - Wednesday, 21 May 2014, 1:48 AM

Hi George,

Thanks for the response, I'm sure it will help and I'll look forward to receiving the fix :-)

Best wishes - Steph

? ?
by ? ? - Monday, 2 June 2014, 10:35 PM

A fix for this issue was included in today's (3rd June 2014) release of Totara 2.6.2

Steph Wild
by Steph Wild - Tuesday, 3 June 2014, 3:56 AM

Hi Ciaran,

We're on 2.5.13 (moving to 2.5.13.1 tonight) and do not want to go to 2.6 yet as it is unsupported on IE8, so I don't think this patch will work for us?

S...

? ?
by ? ? - Tuesday, 3 June 2014, 4:28 PM

Hi Steph,

The release cycle goes by date and branch - every 2 weeks for the current branch (currently 2.6) and every 4 weeks for the previous branch (currently 2.5). So depending on the date sometimes a patch for later branches will be released before the patch for earlier versions. There will be a 2.5 fix for this which may be in next week's June 10th 2.5 release, or possibly the release after.

David Curry (Core Developer)
by David Curry (Core Developer) - Monday, 7 July 2014, 9:42 PM
Group Totara

Hey Steph,

The 2.5 version of the fix was included in todays (8th July 2014) release of Totara 2.5.15, a quick upgrade should have that sorted for you.

Cheers,
David

Steph Wild
by Steph Wild - Thursday, 10 July 2014, 5:36 AM

Brilliant, thanks David