Best practice forum (Archived)

reporting completion

John Roughley
reporting completion
by John Roughley - Wednesday, 8 June 2011, 6:40 AM

Apologies for all the questions!

I have a number of learners who have completed a sco in a number of courses.

As an administrator, I can look at the report I created (source, scorm) and see the user details and the sco completion status.

As a learner I look at the courses listed in the Recent learning column of My Learning and there is nothing in the progress on the record of learning page. How often does this get updated?

As a manager of the above learners, when I look at their progress via team members, plans, there is nothing in the progress on the learning plan page?  

Cheers.

Craig Eves
Re: reporting completion
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Wednesday, 8 June 2011, 3:11 PM
Group Totara

Hi John

The completion processes are done with a cron job which are usually scheduled daily during a non busy time.

There was an issue with the completion progress updating in earlier version of Totara - what is the version that you have.

I will check on the demo site to see if there is an issue with  SCORM completions not being picked up.

Craig

John Roughley
by John Roughley - Thursday, 9 June 2011, 2:58 AM

Hi Craig

the Version is 1.0.9 (Build: 20110503.00)

John Roughley
by John Roughley - Thursday, 9 June 2011, 3:14 AM

Hi Craig

the Version is 1.0.9 (Build: 20110503.00)

Simon Coggins
by Simon Coggins - Wednesday, 8 June 2011, 3:17 PM
Group Totara

Hi John,

You need to enable activity and course completion tracking on your site for the Recent learning and My Learning to correctly report the status. Here's what you need to do:

1. Click Site Admin > Grades > General Settings and ensure that 'Enable completion tracking' is enabled. Just below that setting you can set which roles will be tracked (typically just learner is fine).

2. Next go to the individual course settings page for the course you want to track, and ensure that 'Completion Tracking' is enabled. You may also want to start completion tracking when the student enrols by checking the checkbox. If you want to enable these by default on all courses go then also set them in 'Site admin > Courses > Course default settings'.

3. Next you need to set up 'Activity Completion' for the SCORM activity. Go to the SCORM activity settings page and set the options in the 'Activity Completion' section. You can decide here what the student needs to do to complete the activity (i.e just view it, or achieve a grade, or a particular status).

4. Finally, go back to the Course and you should see a 'Completion' option in the course admin menu. Click there and set up the 'criteria' which determine when the course is complete. You should see the activity you just set up under 'Activities completed'. You can set just a single criteria for completing the course, or multiple criteria on this page.

5. Finally, some parts of course completion require the cron to be running to correctly aggregate the data, so make sure your site cron is running.

Hope that helps!

Simon

This forum post has been removed
Wednesday, 8 June 2011, 4:44 PM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 9 June 2011, 2:27 PM
Group Totara

Hi John

It would pay to update to the latest version 1.14 if possible so you get the latest features and bug fixes.

The problem is probably be as Simon indicated that the course completions are not enabled. Also courses that are in progress do not count towards a learning plans progress. This means courses need to meet all the completion criteria to be recorded as completed.

Craig