Best practice forum (Archived)

Activity Locking

? ?
Activity Locking
by ? ? - Tuesday, 28 June 2011, 9:13 AM

Hi there,

I might be going mad but I can't seemed to find any Activity Locking options anywhere.

Shown here - http://help.totaralms.com/Restrict_Availability.htm

Is this something I need to turn on? Or is this only available on the certificate activity?

Thanks,

Joe

Craig Eves
Re: Activity Locking
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 28 June 2011, 2:22 PM
Group Totara

Hi Joe

To see these options you need to be trainer who has activity editing rights. There are usually two trainer roles and editing trainer and a trainer.

The activity may not have all the completion conditions shown in  the help documentaion depending on the type of activity it is.

As well as the activity completion for each course activity you can also select Completion in the course admin block to select actvity aggregation methods etc on a course basis.

Craig

? ?
by ? ? - Wednesday, 29 June 2011, 2:28 AM

Hi Craig,

The user account I am using has full editing rights.

However I cannot find any sort of activity locking options within totara or within any activities? I am aware of how to configure the course completion. However not sure how to lock activies. As described in the help document and the Totara Feature Comparison document.

Thanks,
Joe

Austen Sinclair
by Austen Sinclair - Wednesday, 29 June 2011, 1:49 PM
Group PartnersGroup TXP Site Administrator

Hi Joe

You should be looking for 'Restrict availabilty' in the settings of the activity - screen shot attached.

I think you only see this on course pages that have Course Completion enabled.

Cheers
Austen

This forum post has been removed
Friday, 1 July 2011, 2:30 AM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
John Roughley
by John Roughley - Friday, 1 July 2011, 3:23 AM

Hey Austen

Have you enabled completion tracking in the course default settings? You may need your admin to do this if you do not have a high enough role.

When you create a course you have to enable completion tracking in the course settings. Once that is done, you would see the course completions settings in the individual activities, as in the screenshot above.

John

? ?
by ? ? - Friday, 1 July 2011, 3:44 AM

Hi John,

Thanks for replying, we definitely have completion tracking turned on.

We can see the Activity completion for the activity, just not the restrict availability options.

Thanks,

Joe

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Sunday, 3 July 2011, 8:09 PM
Group Totara

Hi Joe

The setting that is required to be turned on to set conditions for making an activity available is Enable conditional availability (this needs to be ticked - default is not ticked)

This is found under Site Administration > Grades > General Settings

I think this is what you are after!

Craig