Best practice forum (Archived)

Microsoft eLearining scorm packages

? ?
Microsoft eLearining scorm packages
by ? ? - Wednesday, 23 November 2011, 7:10 PM

Hi,

We have some MS eLearning scorm packages which I can load onto Totara.  The problem I have is that when they are running, the pages are too big for the browser window.

I have tried changing my screen resolution and played around with the scorm settings also but the end result is still that some of the page is not displaying.  (I can shrink the page with the mouse wheel and cntrl button but it becomes too small to read).  Also there is no scroll bar.

Would appreciate any suggestions.

MS refer users to their LMS provider :-)

Cheers

Ali

? ?
Re: Microsoft eLearining scorm packages
by ? ? - Wednesday, 23 November 2011, 10:31 PM

guess you've already tried using the SCORM setting to hide the toc? - also make sure you aren't using a theme with a fixed width.

The other option is to use the "new window" option which will open the SCORM package in a window of it's own without the moodle header/footer.

? ?
by ? ? - Sunday, 27 November 2011, 1:02 PM

Thanks Dan.  I am currently using 'new window'.  My main priority now (time wise) is to get the scroll bar to appear.

I will check with our hosting service re the theme and the scroll bar. 

Cheers, Ali

? ?
by ? ? - Sunday, 27 November 2011, 1:17 PM

When using the SCORM settings to open in a new window there are a bunch of checkboxes under that setting that allow you to set to show scrollbars/status bar etc. (as long as you are showing all advanced options in the form)

Only problem is that most newer browsers allow the user to control this - so these settings may only work in some browsers.

? ?
by ? ? - Sunday, 27 November 2011, 3:18 PM

Thanks Dan.  Yes am showing the advanced options ( as in attached pic).  Also in that attachment is a screenshot of how unreadable the content is (once I've mousewheel/ctrl'd it).

Cheers, Ali