Best practice forum (Archived)

Export Attendance for F2F does not include user data

Daniel Bond
Export Attendance for F2F does not include user data
by Daniel Bond - Friday, 20 June 2014, 5:09 AM
Group Most helpful contributor 2023

Hi,

When we export attendance for a Face to Face activity (not individual session), the columns include Start and Finish Date and Time, Room, etc. There are also columns for First Name, Surname, etc. which are controlled by Site Administration > Plugins > Activity Modules > Face to Face > Export user profile fields and modifying the list of fields changes which columns are displayed, as expected. The problem is, none of those additional columns (First Name, etc.) actually contain any data. When exported to Excel, all we get is - where I presume there should be user details for each participant.

It is of course possible that I have misunderstood the function of this report, but it does seem odd to have the columns but no data.

Also, would it be possible to have some guidance on how to include Position fields (Position, Manager, Organisation) in the list of fields exported? Would we just use the field names which Totara Sync uses?

I am aware that most of this can be achieved on a global level using a custom report, and for our administrators we do that, but it is useful to be able to give reporting on a course level so that Editing Trainers for a specific course can produce lists.

Regards

Dan