Best practice forum (Archived)

Turn off "show contents" on course pages

Mike Martin
Turn off "show contents" on course pages
by Mike Martin - Monday, 28 May 2012, 7:46 AM

I'm curious if there is a way to hide the SCORM file name (shown under contents at the bottom of courses pages) from view. For example, please see attachment. In the future I will title my files much more apprproately, but I think a better solution would be to hide the SCORM file name, and only show the "enter" box. This would make things more streamlined for the learner. I hope there is an easy way to do so. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Dan Marsden
Re: Turn off "show contents" on course pages
by Dan Marsden - Monday, 28 May 2012, 3:10 PM

HI Mike - Moodle 2.x has a setting - "Display course structure on entry page" that allows you to control this but  I don't think this option is available in Totara.

that text comes from the way you have named things when authoring your SCORM package - you can possibly modify them by opening the imsmanifest.xml file inside your scorm package and modifying it there. - Make sure you use a proper text editor (not notepad or wordpad) as those editors will likely cause your imsmanifest.xml file to become corrupt.

notepad++ is a good editor to use if you don't already have one.

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 28 May 2012, 3:48 PM
Group Totara

Hi Dan

There is a skip content structure option in Totara with the following settings - this sounds as though it would works as long as there is only one Learning Object in the SCORM.

I tried with a SCORM and it didn't work as it had more than one file per SCORM

Student skip content structure page

If you add a package with only one Learning Object in it, you can choose to auto-skip the content structure page when users click on SCORM activity in the course page.

You can choose:

• Never skip the content structure page
  • First access skip the content structure page only the first time
  • Always skip the content structure page

Craig

Dan Marsden
by Dan Marsden - Monday, 28 May 2012, 4:01 PM

Hi Craig - good point - also worth pointing out that the setting will only affect students - it won't skip the content structure page if it's a teacher as the content structure page is the only place that links to the reports.