Best practice forum (Archived)

This forum discussion has been removed

This forum post has been removed
Wednesday, 8 August 2012, 6:59 AM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
Wednesday, 8 August 2012, 7:32 AM
Wednesday, 8 August 2012, 8:21 AM
Andy Kirk (Totara)
Re: CPD recording
by Andy Kirk (Totara) - Wednesday, 8 August 2012, 9:14 AM

Hi Carol,

This has come up in the Partner discussion forums - my apologies you won't be able to view this, but for the benefit of the partners reading:

https://totara.community/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=1377

Perhaps there are some creative workarounds with current functionality and some coding if the plugin doesn;t fit the bill; suggestions in that thread are around some coding of  report sources and custom fields to user positions and courses.

I'm not sure if it has been invetsigated beyond that, but it is something that Totara HQ are aware of as a requirement in a range of sectors.

As well as suggestions from others on the forums, I'm sure your Totara Partner will be able to help too.

Andy

Tim Newham
Re: CPD recording
by Tim Newham - Wednesday, 8 August 2012, 9:44 AM
Group Partners

Hi Carol,

have you looked at the Mahara e-portfolio tool? We're using it in conjunction with Totara for a number of regulated (healthcare) professional groups. It's got a nice, simple CPD plugin, but then does rather more, allowing learners to record evidence stores, submit pages of evidence to internal assessors or external auditors, and the like.

Happy to discuss further - but if you have a Totara partner talk to them first (they're likely to have Mahara knowledge too).

Best wishes,

Tim @ Think