Best practice forum (Archived)

How Do I enroll automatically users added to a Program using Synch

Pablo Piquemilh
How Do I enroll automatically users added to a Program using Synch
by Pablo Piquemilh - Tuesday, 5 February 2013, 11:56 AM
Group Partners

I'm enrrolling the users to a Program based on their position and org id using Totara synch.

A course that corresponds to those positions is assigned to the program , the situation is that the user has to enroll to the course once he get inside the site.

Is there any way Totara took those users as enrolled in their course with out depending if they access or not to the course directly, based on the way we are adding them to the system that is using totara Sync.

I'll apprecciate your help.

Pablo 

Pablo Piquemilh
Re: How Do I enroll automatically users added to a Program using Synch
by Pablo Piquemilh - Tuesday, 5 February 2013, 1:54 PM
Group Partners

What my client needs to know is the next request.

Our concern was that the time course designed to meet not depend on the time the user will access the course for the first time. If not that since you assign (when my IT will send the high of users (totara sync)daily), the time begins to run.

Pablo Piquemilh
by Pablo Piquemilh - Tuesday, 5 February 2013, 2:35 PM
Group Partners

I think it could work if I Define a Programmed Task  over the Program which define the completion criteria of the program since the user take the position.

Does any one tell me the best advises to configure this option, or the things I have to consider under the course, the program and the sync of users.

To make it work well

I attach image with the option I have seen on programs.

me
by George Angus - Thursday, 7 February 2013, 2:26 PM
Group Totara

Hi Pablo,

The best way to do this would be to assign a dynamic audience to the program, the dynamic audience could be based on the users position start date.

This could be done through the Assignments tab in the program.

Hope this helps,

regards,

George.