Best practice forum (Archived)

Hide data in face to face for other users

Tom T.
Hide data in face to face for other users
by Tom T. - Thursday, 7 February 2013, 5:44 AM

Hi,

is it possible (and how to do it) that users who are not enrolled in a course or into face2face activity and also who are not a part of audience that can not see this particular course in their Courses (in Navigation menu)?

And also I want that users who are enrolled into audience for this Face2face activity that see the sessions/events for which they can sign in. 

In facetoface my settings for Show on the calendar is enabled.

The problem is in that although my enroled user (part of audience who can sign in) can see calendar under calendar menu, but also other none-enlored users who are not part of audience (they can see all the sessions but can not sign in) can see all these session.

So, I want to disable calendar etries and want to hide the course in the course menu for none-enrolled users.

Where and what to do?

Regards

David Curry (Core Developer)
Re: Hide data in face to face for other users
by David Curry (Core Developer) - Thursday, 7 February 2013, 12:41 PM
Group Totara
Hey Tom,

Course visibility based on audiences is not possible at the moment, it is however a much requested feature so we are looking into it.

As for the facetoface calendar, there are multiple settings (Totara 2.2.11+) under Calendar Options. One is "Calendar Display Options", where you can choose which calendar the sessions display on (site, course, none) it sounds like at the moment you have it set to site, which will allow everyone using your site to see it on their calendar. Try changing that to course or none, course will allow only the people enrolled in the course to see it, none will allow no one. Under that is "Show entry on user's calendar" which adds a calendar item to a users personal calendar when they sign up for a session, I advise at least leaving this on so people have a reference on their calendar. Only the users signed up for a session will see these.

Hope this helps,
David