Best practice forum (Archived)

Unable to return to admin role after using Login As feature

Eric Kelliher
Unable to return to admin role after using Login As feature
by Eric Kelliher - Monday, 16 September 2013, 6:50 AM

Hi, I've been meaning to ask this for a while now.  (Really, I guess there's two questions for this.)  When I "login as" a user, to see their Learning Plan/Record of Learning, when I'm finished, there's no way to log out of that person without logging out of Totara altogether.  In other words, it kicks me out as well and I have to log back in all over again.  Is there a way to log OUT of a user's view BACK to my admin role?  Also, is there a better way to look at user's records other than logging in as them?

Thanks!

me
Re: Unable to return to admin role after using Login As feature
by George Angus - Monday, 16 September 2013, 4:37 PM
Group Totara

Hi Eric,

As a site admin:

Site admin>Users>Accounts>Browse list of users>(user)>record of learning. or Learning Plans

This will save you logining in as the User, but if you have to login in as a User & logout then there is no way around logining back in again. This is deliberate, for security reasons.

Hope this is useful,

regards,

George.

Eric Kelliher
by Eric Kelliher - Tuesday, 17 September 2013, 12:01 PM

Thanks George!  I appreciate your help. However, I'm gettting a bit stuck here at your "Record of Learning/Learning Plans" portion of the path.  Here's a link showing where I got "stuck": http://screencast.com/t/efPy8wYy.  I'm attaching the image as well.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you!

me
by George Angus - Tuesday, 17 September 2013, 2:35 PM
Group Totara

Hi Eric,

Apologies - this functionality was re-introduced to v2.2.21 (an upgrade will fix it) but as a workaround can I suggest going into your own record of learning and changing the userid in the URL.

cheers,

George.

Eric Kelliher
by Eric Kelliher - Wednesday, 18 September 2013, 6:52 AM

Thanks, George.  I'll check with our web team to see which version we're on, to see if we've updated to 2.2.21.  In the meantime, I tried your solution, and I still get my own Record of Learning.  I admit I'm more on the training side, but our programmer showed me how to login avoiding the SSO.  I tried the same approach for looking at the Record of Learning.  This is what I typed in: http://developu.davenport.edu/totara/plan/record/courses.php?username=opeguest, adding in the "?username=opeguest" after the .php.  Is this right, or should I be doing something else, as I still don't see her record but mine.

Thanks for your help and patience!

me
by George Angus - Wednesday, 18 September 2013, 3:02 PM
Group Totara

Hi Eric,

This is what I did:

As admin -click on the learning tab, then click on All Learning  (under Record of Learning)

What you should see is something like

YOUR SITE/plan/record/courses.php?userid=2&status=all

The number 2 should be replace with the user id no 

user/profile.php?id=916     ie 916

hope this is helpful,

Let me know how it goes!

cheers,

George.

Suzanne Duncan
by Suzanne Duncan - Sunday, 22 September 2013, 2:24 PM

This is very useful. Thanks George
me
by George Angus - Wednesday, 18 September 2013, 3:17 PM
Group Totara

Hi Eric,

This is what I did:

As admin -click on the learning tab, then click on All Learning  (under Record of Learning)

What you should see is something like

YOUR SITE/plan/record/courses.php?userid=2&status=all

The number 2 should be replace with the user id no 

user/profile.php?id=916     ie 916

hope this is helpful,

Let me know how it goes!

cheers,

George.

me
by George Angus - Monday, 16 September 2013, 5:12 PM
Group Totara

Hi Eric,

As a site admin:

Site admin>Users>Accounts>Browse list of users>(user)>record of learning. or Learning Plans

This will save you logining in as the User, but if you have to login in as a User & logout then there is no way around logining back in again. This is deliberate, for security reasons.

Hope this is useful,

regards,

George.