Best practice forum (Archived)

Program updating if course completion date changes

Rob Bloor
Program updating if course completion date changes
by Rob Bloor - Tuesday, 24 September 2013, 6:09 AM

I'm still looking for fixes for https://totara.community/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=17782 and have changed a course completion date manually (my plan is to try and change them all to when a face-to-face was attended).  However I've seen that this does not in turn change the program completion date.  This wouldn't fix my problem as I'd need the change of completion to cascade through.  Is this not the case?

Rob

me
Re: Program updating if course completion date changes
by George Angus - Wednesday, 25 September 2013, 7:32 PM
Group Totara

Hi Rob,

There has been further discussion on the thread you refer too - but just to be clear - are you choosing Course completion as the criteria in the Assgnments in Programs?

regards,

George.

Rob Bloor
by Rob Bloor - Monday, 30 September 2013, 1:53 AM

Hi George

I have added just one course as a course set and said they have to complete this set to complete the program.  It worked fine and picked up the course completion and "fired" the program completion (albeit wrong as the course completion should have been the face-to-face session date, but that's the other thread).  I then amended the course completion date to see if that in turn changed the program completion, it didn't.  I therefore assume that it is a static and if retrospectively a course completion was changed then the program doesn’t in turn change.

Does this clarify my query?

Thanks

Rob

me
by George Angus - Monday, 30 September 2013, 5:47 PM
Group Totara

Hi Rob,

Once the Completion records are created its pretty had to change them, this is by design - you basically have to edit the data. Changing completion records is not supported by the system at all, for complaince reasons. There is work being done on the face2face completion records at present, but if you were manually changing the course dates you would also have to change the program dates too.

hope this is useful,

regards,

George.

Rob Bloor
by Rob Bloor - Thursday, 3 October 2013, 1:23 AM

Hi George

Many thanks for your replies, I think I've fully got my head around what's going on and have a plan of action.

Regards

Rob