Best practice forum (Archived)

Recurring Courses - Cannot find Course End Date

Tom Ireland
Recurring Courses - Cannot find Course End Date
بواسطة Thursday, 5 December 2013, 6:59 AM - Tom Ireland
مجموعة Totara

I've created a recurring course in Totara (2.5.2) that needs to be completed within 2 months and then should recur every 365 days. I cannot seem to find where the Course End Date is so that the course gets recreated at the right time.

I believe Moodle have removed the Course End Date from Moodle 2.5 and I can only see the Course Start Date.

Can anyone help?

Cheers

Tom

لقد تمت إزالة مشاركة المنتدى هذه
Thursday, 5 December 2013, 7:18 AM
تمت إزالة محتوى هذه المشاركة في المنتدى ولم يعد من الممكن الوصول إليها
Simon Coggins
Re: Recurring Courses - Cannot find Course End Date
بواسطة Sunday, 8 December 2013, 2:58 PM - Simon Coggins
مجموعة Totara

An earlier version of programs required a course end date but we removed that requirement in version 2.2 - now courses recur based on the start date.

John is correct that in Totara 2.5 certifications are intended to replace recurring courses - they support a better range of options so I would recommend using them instead if you can. Recurring courses in programs may (eventually) be removed in favour of certifications.

Simon

لقد تمت إزالة مشاركة المنتدى هذه
Monday, 24 March 2014, 4:39 PM
تمت إزالة محتوى هذه المشاركة في المنتدى ولم يعد من الممكن الوصول إليها
Tom Ireland
بواسطة Monday, 9 December 2013, 5:41 AM - Tom Ireland
مجموعة Totara
Hey, John and Simon Thank you very much for your prompt replies. I ave now setup a Certification which seems to work as intended. Can I confirm, will the Certification zero completion when recertifying at the appropriate time? Cheers Tom
Simon Coggins
بواسطة Monday, 9 December 2013, 11:25 AM - Simon Coggins
مجموعة Totara

Yes, when the recertification window opens it will remove the current completion record (putting it into a history table). It will also reset the grade and any activities which need to be retaken.

Simon