Best practice forum (Archived)

Recurring Courses - Cannot find Course End Date

Tom Ireland
Recurring Courses - Cannot find Course End Date
par Tom Ireland, Thursday 5 December 2013, 06:59
Groupe Totara

I've created a recurring course in Totara (2.5.2) that needs to be completed within 2 months and then should recur every 365 days. I cannot seem to find where the Course End Date is so that the course gets recreated at the right time.

I believe Moodle have removed the Course End Date from Moodle 2.5 and I can only see the Course Start Date.

Can anyone help?

Cheers

Tom

Ce message du forum a été supprimé
Thursday 5 December 2013, 07:18
Le contenu de ce message de forum a été supprimé et n'est plus accessible.
Simon Coggins
Re: Recurring Courses - Cannot find Course End Date
par Simon Coggins, Sunday 8 December 2013, 14:58
Groupe Totara

An earlier version of programs required a course end date but we removed that requirement in version 2.2 - now courses recur based on the start date.

John is correct that in Totara 2.5 certifications are intended to replace recurring courses - they support a better range of options so I would recommend using them instead if you can. Recurring courses in programs may (eventually) be removed in favour of certifications.

Simon

Ce message du forum a été supprimé
Monday 24 March 2014, 16:39
Le contenu de ce message de forum a été supprimé et n'est plus accessible.
Tom Ireland
par Tom Ireland, Monday 9 December 2013, 05:41
Groupe Totara
Hey, John and Simon Thank you very much for your prompt replies. I ave now setup a Certification which seems to work as intended. Can I confirm, will the Certification zero completion when recertifying at the appropriate time? Cheers Tom
Simon Coggins
par Simon Coggins, Monday 9 December 2013, 11:25
Groupe Totara

Yes, when the recertification window opens it will remove the current completion record (putting it into a history table). It will also reset the grade and any activities which need to be retaken.

Simon