Best practice forum (Archived)

Icon and words overlapping

Justin Woodruff
Icon and words overlapping
by Justin Woodruff - Wednesday, 12 February 2014, 12:34 PM

Hello!

Ever since we upgraded to 2.5.6 the icons for the course and program titles have been overlapping the words. (see attachment) We just upgraded to 2.5.7 and it is still showing the same. I can't even change it not to show any icons, so I am at a loss of what to do. It looks very tacky. Anyone else have this happening or know how to fix it!

Many thanks!
Chris

Brian Barnes (Core Developer)
Re: Icon and words overlapping
by Brian Barnes (Core Developer) - Wednesday, 12 February 2014, 1:56 PM
Group Totara

Hi Chris,

What theme are you using?

Regards,

Brian

Justin Woodruff
by Justin Woodruff - Wednesday, 12 February 2014, 6:43 PM

Hello!

Standard Totara Theme is what we are on. Only edits is color changes and our own logo.

Have a Fantastic Day!

Chris

by Brian Barnes (Core Developer) - Sunday, 16 February 2014, 2:18 PM
Group Totara

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately I am unable to replicate that on the Standard Totara theme, but have seen it on the Standard (legacy) theme (and there are a number of other visual issues that I have spotted using that theme).

Can you please confirm what web browser and operating system you are using? Can you also remember what version of Totara last worked correctly for you?

Regards,

Brian

Justin Woodruff
by Justin Woodruff - Friday, 21 February 2014, 5:54 AM

Hi Brian!

Sorry for the delay, it has been very busy!

I have this issue with the icons on Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome. The majority of our employees use Internet Explorer, so that is the one that mainly concerns me. We just upgraded to 2.5.8 last night and still have the same issue. The last version of Totara that this was not a problem was 2.5.5.

Any clue where this could be fixed? In the background somewhere maybe? Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

Have a Fantastic Day!

Chris

by Brian Barnes (Core Developer) - Sunday, 23 February 2014, 4:21 PM
Group Totara

Hi Chris,

It appears that a CSS declaration has gone missing in your install. Could you please send me a screen shot of your theme selector page (Site Adminsitration > Appearance > Themes > Theme Selector) and of the Custom Totara settings page (Site Administration > Appearance > Themes > Custom Totara - I'm looking for the Custom CSS text area).

Regards,

Brian

Justin Woodruff
by Justin Woodruff - Monday, 24 February 2014, 8:28 AM

Hi Brian!

I have attached the screen shots as requested. FYI...all of our custom with the colors and the logo are done in the background on the server. Thank you for looking into this!

Have a Super Day!

Chris

Justin Woodruff
by Justin Woodruff - Monday, 3 March 2014, 9:57 AM

Hi Brian!

Following up to see if there is any update on what I can do to fix our icon issue.

Thank you!

Chris

by Brian Barnes (Core Developer) - Monday, 3 March 2014, 2:18 PM
Group Totara

Hi Chris,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you.  As mentioned, I believe there has been some CSS that has been overwritten in your modifications (theme/standardtotara/style/course.css line 51). If you would like to send me your theme (via e-mail would be fine) I would be able to fix it and send it back to you.

Another option is that if you could e-mail me a login, I could confirm what the issue is and talk you through a solution (although I would not be able to fix it myself).

Regards,

Brian