Best practice forum (Archived)

Multimedia Filter in Appraisal module

Daniel Bond
Multimedia Filter in Appraisal module
by Daniel Bond - Tuesday, 25 February 2014, 5:53 AM
Group Most helpful contributor 2023

Hi,

Slightly odd request I know, but would it be possible for the Multimedia filter to be enabled in the Appraisal module in the same way that it is in courses and activities? We are trying to put a YouTube video into the guidance for an appraisal section, but unlike in a course or forum post, simply pasting the URL doesn't get converted into an embedded video.

We are currently using the work-around of the YouTube iframe embed code, but every time that we go back to edit the fixed text item the embed code is removed leaving just a <p> </p>. This means that every time we want to edit that fixed text, we also need to paste the HTML code for the embedded iframe back in again. Once the code has been pasted in, the embedded video is definitely present in the appraisal when previewed, but it's becoming irritating having to keep pasting it back in every time we want to edit. I did try tweaking my TinyMCE setup but that wasn't massively successful, so if that's the solution then some guidance as to exactly what to put in the TinyMCE setup would be great.

Dan

Ciaran Irvine (Core Developer)
Re: Multimedia Filter in Appraisal module
by Ciaran Irvine (Core Developer) - Tuesday, 25 February 2014, 4:17 PM

Hi Dan,

You are right, this is a bug and I have a patch in review to enable multimedia embedding properly in Stage descriptions and Fixed Text questions.

Ciaran Irvine (Core Developer)
Re: Multimedia Filter in Appraisal module
by Ciaran Irvine (Core Developer) - Monday, 3 March 2014, 8:19 PM

A fix for this issue has been included in todays (4th March 2014) release of Totara 2.5.9