Best practice forum (Archived)

Dynamic audience rules not working?

Matthew Lee
Dynamic audience rules not working?
by Matthew Lee - Wednesday, 19 February 2014, 8:19 AM

We are seeing an issue with a brand new customer installation and on our most recently updated test site. When you go to create a dynamic audience and add a rule, the buttons for "approving" the rule do not appear. There is an error symbol in the space where buttons would appear, but it doesn't indicate what the error is. This exact same thing is happening on both sites. One is a clean install while the other is an update from a previous version where this function used to work. They are both on different servers. I have added a screenshot if this helps. Any input would be appreciated.

thanks

Matt

Alan Bradshaw
Re: Dynamic audience rules not working?
by Alan Bradshaw - Wednesday, 19 February 2014, 8:33 AM

I think this is only in "totara responsive" theme and according to this post it is fixed in 2.5.7  

Matthew Lee
by Matthew Lee - Wednesday, 19 February 2014, 8:35 AM

OK, we think we figured out the issue, but could use help on the fix. It seems to be a theme issue. We are using the standard default theme on our site and the theme we created for the customer uses this same theme as the base. We just changed some colors and added a logo. When we change to the kiwi theme, the buttons are there. My guys can fix it, but this seems to be a bug that should be addressed.

thanks

matt

Ciaran Irvine (Core Developer)
by Ciaran Irvine (Core Developer) - Wednesday, 19 February 2014, 1:10 PM

Hi Matt,

As Alan said, was this not issue fixed in 2.5.7?