Best practice forum (Archived)

SCORM & Quiz completion tracking deletions with certifications.

Steph Wild
SCORM & Quiz completion tracking deletions with certifications.
על ידי Steph Wild בתאריך 6/10/2014, 04:10
קבוצה Learn Site Administrator

Hi,

We use SCORM activities (and in the future, will be using quiz activities) linked to certifications.  This means that when the 'window opens' in the certification all of the SCORM tracking gets deleted from the system (unlike a f2f session where it gets archived) and I understand the same happens with a quiz.

Is there anyway this can be changed to archive it, we are an NHS organisation and for litigation reasons need to hold onto this information in relation to our stat/mand compliancy training.  All NHS organisations will have this same problem.

What does anybody else think?

Kind regards

Steph

Daniel Bond
Re: SCORM & Quiz completion tracking deletions with certifications.
על ידי Daniel Bond בתאריך 6/10/2014, 04:31
קבוצה Most helpful contributor 2023

100% agree, this is a major issue with us being able to push our certifications for our various stat/mand training requirements because we need to keep a history of activity completion and in the case of SCORM and quizzes, the current certification code simply doesn't do that. Creating an "Archive" of completions would go a long way to solving that and making it a really useful tool.

By the way, I would imagine Totara HQ are going to tell you off for posting this on here rather than getting your partner to submit it as an enhancement request, they seem to much prefer that mechanism to ensure they can keep a track of these things.

Dan

Steph Wild
על ידי Steph Wild בתאריך 6/10/2014, 06:01

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the response, my understanding is that there is an enhancement request in at the moment with no confirmed date so I just wanted to add it here to raise the profile and hopefully push for an earlier date if at all possible.

I know you're NHS as well but it can't only be us?

Steph

? ?
על ידי ? ? בתאריך 6/10/2014, 20:50

We are currently going through feature freeze for the upcoming v2.7 release.  Once that's bedded down we will be assessing features and enhancements for inclusion in v2.8.  As that process progresses we will provide a status update for you on this particular request.

Steph Wild
על ידי Steph Wild בתאריך 10/10/2014, 01:29

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the response, many NHS organisations have to use IE8 as there browser as other clinical systems depend upon this version of software.  We therefore are unable to progress past version 2.5 as IE8 is not supported from versions 2.6 onwards.

Any new enhancements introduced with 2.8 would therefore be of no use to us, we would need a change to 2.5.

Kind regards
Steph

Richard Wyles
על ידי Richard Wyles בתאריך 12/10/2014, 13:06

Hi Steph

After a review IE 8 support will now be supported in v2.6 from 21 October 2014. We have decided to provide support even though Moodle doesn't support IE8 for v2.6 and above. IE 8 support will also be supported in v2.7 – assessment of scope of work and start date to be confirmed but most likely at the point of release. There are likely to be some exceptions or work-arounds e.g. graphical reports will be problematic on IE8 although we're investigating ways to support that.

More to come on the issue in this thread.

kind regards
Richard 

Tim Newham
על ידי Tim Newham בתאריך 12/10/2014, 23:59
קבוצה Partners

Richard, that's excellent news about IE8 support. It'll make a huge difference to our NHS clients. Thank you! Tim

Daniel Bond
על ידי Daniel Bond בתאריך 13/10/2014, 01:47

That is excellent news. While IE8 is far from an ideal browser to be using, I suspect it will be around for some time to come and the ability to take advantage of the new features offered by 2.6 and 2.7 while still remaining supported makes Totara a very attractive product.

Regards

Dan

Steph Wild
על ידי Steph Wild בתאריך 13/10/2014, 02:20

Hi Richard,

This is brilliant news - thank you.  It means we have somewhere to progress to.

Kind regards
Steph

? ?
על ידי ? ? בתאריך 12/10/2014, 13:49

Hi Steph,

The development team have scoped the effort required for this feature and it is on our high priority feature list here https://totara.community/mod/page/view.php?id=1899

Development and release options are still being investigated and we will let you know how those firm up as we approach the 2.7 release.

Regards,

Scott

Steph Wild
על ידי Steph Wild בתאריך 13/10/2014, 02:23

Hi Scott,

That's really good news, thank you. 

Kind regards
Steph

Daniel Bond
על ידי Daniel Bond בתאריך 11/12/2014, 01:32

Hi,

As we (one presumes) approach the 2.7 release, is there any news on whether this has made it into the list of features which has been / will be developed for 2.7, or is it going to be 2.8+ only? I can see from https://totara.community/mod/page/view.php?id=1899 that the status is "Ready for Development", but it would be useful for forward planning (can we actually use the Certifications feature of Totara with our organisation) if we had an approximate idea when it's likely to be available.

Thanks

Dan

me
על ידי George Angus בתאריך 15/12/2014, 17:39
קבוצה Totara

Hi Dan,

The feature will not be developed for 2.7. 

regards,

George.

פרסום זה הוסר
2/06/2016, 23:12
פרסום זה הוסר ואינו זמין יותר.
me
על ידי George Angus בתאריך 7/06/2016, 17:19
קבוצה Totara

Hi Ira,

Due to our existing commitments its dropped off the bottom of our list for 9, but it will be very high after that.

cheers,

George.

Steph Wild
על ידי Steph Wild בתאריך 6/06/2016, 03:10

Hi George,

We're on 2.7 and I can't see a report source for either elearning or quizzes following archiving - am I missing something?

Thanks
Steph

me
על ידי George Angus בתאריך 7/06/2016, 17:22
קבוצה Totara

Hi Steph,

There's no report source for quizzes in 27. Do you mean SCORMs when you say elearning? We didnt implement anything new with regard to this thread. Do you mean you lost saved reports when you backed the site up? 

cheers,

George.

Steph Wild
על ידי Steph Wild בתאריך 8/06/2016, 01:01

Hi George,

Sorry I might not have phrased this very well and you've actually answered my query in your response to Ira.  I saw your post saying that archiving of quiz and SCORM completions once the window opens would be available in 2.7 and I was looking for the report source to find the archived completions.

It looks like I'll have to wait a little bit longer....

Thanks for your response.
Steph

Rita Ansbro
על ידי Rita Ansbro בתאריך 12/10/2014, 23:55

Hi

We are not quite at the same stage as Steph just yet, but are aiming to input e-learning linked to certifications and agree that we too would want to archive our SCORM and quiz activities.  We too are an NHS organisation than for litigation purposes we MUST be able to keep this information in relation to our training for compliancy.

I would strongly back Steph's request.

Kind Regards

Rita Ansbro

East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust