Best practice forum (Archived)

Attendance to Seminar status (from Booked to Completed?)

Joan Perez
Attendance to Seminar status (from Booked to Completed?)
by Joan Perez - Wednesday, 6 September 2017, 8:27 AM
Group Partners

Hi again, 

Our customer requires to improve the follow-up of training sessions by distinguising the following situations:

- Student signed-up (pending approval from Manager)

- Attendance declined.

- Attendance cancelled.

- Booked. 

- Completed.

Through the usage of attendance to seminars and completion tracking I handle this situation. However, once the application reached the "Booked" status and I assign a grade to the student, the status keeps on "Booked" status and it doesn't reach the "Completed" status.

Am I missing something? I attached a few screenshots to show how I'm configuring the learning activity.

Thanks.

me
Re: Attendance to Seminar status (from Booked to Completed?)
by George Angus - Wednesday, 6 September 2017, 4:25 PM
Group Totara

Hi Joan,

If you go to an enrolled user's RoL and click on the progress bar for the course it will display the completion critera, and it should be clear which one hasn't been met. Have you selected activity completion in the course completion set up?

cheers,

George.

Joan Perez
by Joan Perez - Thursday, 7 September 2017, 12:28 AM
Group Partners

Thanks, George. After reading your comments, I reached the user profile > Reports > Course Completion, and there I realized that one criteria was missing (Approved by Site Manager).  Once the site Manager flagged the course as completed, the system updated the status of the whole course.

However, the status of the particular event where the student was involved remains on the "Booked" status and I don't find the way to move it either to "Fully attended" or "Partially attended".

Is there any other event-relalted feature I should take care and maybe I'm missing? I attach 3 more screenshots to show the configuration of the sessions.

Thanks.

Joan Perez
by Joan Perez - Thursday, 7 September 2017, 7:42 AM
Group Partners

Don't worry, George. Through the "Take attendance" tab in the event section, I'm able to set the "Fully attended" status. 

Everything works fine, now. Thanks.