Totara Learn Open Discussions

Recording LinkedIn Learning Course Completions

? ?
Recording LinkedIn Learning Course Completions
by ? ? - Wednesday, 4 March 2020, 6:39 AM

Has anyone managed to set up AICC URL SCORM packages within Totara Learn courses that will record course completions carried out by learners in LinkedIn Learning?

We are finding that users can access LinkedIn Learning courses from within Totara Learn but the course completions are not being recorded in Totara Learn. The screenshot below shows the current Activity completion settings within the SCORM package.

Thanks very much

Nick

? ?
Re: Recording LinkedIn Learning Course Completions
by ? ? - Thursday, 5 March 2020, 12:46 AM

I have included a screenshot of the Package area when editing the SCORM package.

I downloaded a CSV file from LinkedIn Learning containing the AICC URLs.  

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 5 March 2020, 12:31 PM
Group Totara

Hi Nick

Can you try ticking the Enable external AICC HACP  under Site admin > Plugins > Activity modules > SCORM package. 

There is also a feature request for adding Linkedin integration with the content marketplace plugin that you can add your support to.

Regards

? ?
by ? ? - Friday, 6 March 2020, 1:42 AM

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your suggestion of switching on 'Enable external AICC HACP'. I enabled it a couple of days ago and tested it with some staff. We found that their LinkedIn Learning course completions were still not recorded in Totara.

I have been in touch with LinkedIn Learning to ask them to check our account settings to make sure LinkedIn Learning is communicating completions with Totara. I will share what they come back with.

Can you think of any other settings that might need to be checked in Totara? 

Many Thanks

Nick

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Sunday, 8 March 2020, 3:10 PM
Group Totara

Hi Nick

The SCORM activity is completed when the status that is passed to it from the external SCORM is 'completed'. Can you check that the external SCORM has the status value of 'completed' rather than the status value of 'passed'

The other thing to check is the AICC HACP timeout value - default is 30 minutes . If the SCORM takes more than 30 minutes for the user to go through then this may be timing out. Increasing the timeout value should prevent this.

Regards

? ?
by ? ? - Monday, 9 March 2020, 1:21 AM

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the suggestions. I have run a report from LinkedIn Learning and the courses are being classed as completed (please see the screenshot below). I have filtered down to the main test course. All the others are showing the same results.

I have increased the AICC HACP timeout to a full working day to be on the safe side in case some users stay logged-in throughout the day and close their course(s) at the end of the day.

I still haven't had a heard back from LinkedIn Learning about settings to be checked from within our LinkedIn Learning account either by them or ourselves.

As soon as I hear anything I will share their response and the outcome.

It's good to know we have explored the options within Totara.

Thanks very much

Nick  

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 9 March 2020, 12:44 PM
Group Totara

Hi Nick

Thanks for digging deeper - the external SCORM should show a value of 'completed' for the status variable cmi.complete_status rather than the value of 'passed' in the cmi.success_status variable.

The screenshot from Linkedin shows the date of completion rather than the status value. If you can't get this information in Linkedin then can you try changing the activity completion criteria in Totara to Passed and see if this completes the activity.

Regards

? ?
by ? ? - Tuesday, 10 March 2020, 3:54 AM

Hi Craig,

Thanks for suggesting that we test the activity completion criteria of Passed. I can confirm that we have tested this today and completions are still not being recorded in Totara.

I will relay the SCORM variable information to our LinkedIn Learning account manager in the hope they can check the settings in our account. Unfortunately the LinkedIn Learning reports don't show us the value for the variable cmi.complete_status.

Thanks very much

Nick

? ?
by ? ? - Thursday, 12 March 2020, 8:46 AM

I'm pleased to report that this issue has been resolved!

I spoke to LinkedIn Learning today and the source of the problem was the host name not being correctly setup in the Configure AICC menu shown below.

Many Thanks

Nick

Kim Finne
by Kim Finne - Tuesday, 9 June 2020, 7:28 AM

This is very interesting - I am trying to do the same.  We are just setting up Totara for the staff and I am curious to know how you set it up on the course and the mechanism that you use to get the information from LinkedIn.   Could you share some details?

If better my email is kfinne@myarkansaspbs.org

? ?
by ? ? - Tuesday, 9 June 2020, 9:04 AM

Hi Kim,

This page explains the steps for setting up a LinkedIn Learning Path course in Totara as a SCORM package:

https://help.totaralearning.com/display/TL10/SCORM

If you wish to upload individual courses you need to download the AICC course codes from LinkedIn first.

Regards

Nick